Looking for a healthy, tasty treat to satisfy those sweets craving? This protein acai bowl from Costco is a MUST have. It requires very little prep time, and it’s absolutely delicious.
You can find it in the freezer section of Costco by the frozen fruits, and it comes in a pack of 6 bowls, along with toppings, and they’re gluten-free and vegan.
I like to blend mine with nut butter and protein (hence the protein in the title), and treat myself after a workout, or when I’m craving a sweet treat.
Not to mention, these bowls are packed with a ton of antioxidants and nutrients.
Acai berries have been linked to all sorts of health benefits, including (but not limited to) improved cognitive function, improved cardiovascular health, anti-inflammatory properties within the body, improved cholesterol, decreased risk of cancer, improved immune function, and lower blood sugar levels.
Again – just to name a few.
They’re also nutrient-dense, meaning the nutrient level per calorie is high (that’s a good thing).
My favorite part about this recipe is that it’s SO macro-friendly (I hate that term because almost anything can be “macro-friendly” as long as it fits your macros), meaning that it’s not super high carb, super high fat (it’s only higher than some options because of the nut butter, but it’s a healthy fat so it’s also going to help you stay feeling full, for longer), and it’s packed with protein when you add that scoop.
Protein Acai Bowl Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission for any purchases made through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer and disclosure statement here.
Pin this for later…
- 8 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tattooed Chef Organic Acai Bowl
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Set your toppings aside (the acai bowl comes with a packet of granola and coconut).
- Add all remaining ingredients to a blender (I break up the frozen acai bowl first).
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency (because the acai bowl is frozen, there’s no need to add any more ice). (This is the blender I use and love).
- Pour back into the bowl it comes in.
- Add your toppings.
405 calories, 38g carbs, 20g fat, 27g protein